All Shoes in Stock
Free Delivery & Free Returns
PEARLY SHEILA fashionable silver boots
This is our third time purchasing with first Walkers ,our daughter who has Cerebral Palsy needs really supportive shoes so when she revives her Afo's they will fit perfectly in her shoes. It's so good she has the supportive shoes that she needs as well as them being beautiful and girly we were even stopped by parents who commented on how pretty they were which made me so happy. I recommend they go online to First Walkers and purchase their very own pair.
– Ben L
ANDY BLUE all blue nubuck gear
I just wanted to say how pleased we are with the First Walkers we purchased for our daughter. She has low muscle tone and joint hypermobility. All her gross motor milestones have been borderline late and we went to see a developmental physiotherapist. They suggested orthopaedic shoes/boots with ankle support. I searched online and found your website. We purchased a pair of size 3 sandals (following the sizing instructions on your website) and they fit our daughter perfectly. She has just taken her first independent steps a few days short of 18 months of age and we are sure this is has been greatly assisted by your shoes, which she has been wearing for the last month. They are showing minimal signs of wear and tear after many hours of walking, climbing and crawling in all weather. We will definitely be back for more!
Shoes Well Fit For Growing Feet
Want toddler shoes that keep little feet happy and healthy?
What to look for in a pair of toddler shoes?
- Lightweight – Kids shoes should be lightweight because pre-walkers already put considerable effort in learning to walk
- Toe Box Wiggle Room – Kids shoes should be flexible in the forefoot to allow child’s feet to flex side to side and up and down for their natural foot movement
- Proper Fit and Support – Toddler shoes for girls and boys should also provide stability in the mid-foot for control, and cushioning in the heel for stability and balance
- Breathable – Both toddler sandals and closed shoes should be made of breathable materials such as leather or quality mesh, as babies' feet sweat twice as much as adults'
- Soles - Should be made of non-slippery materials (rubber, thermoplastic) for traction to prevent slipping when babies are learning how to pull up, cruise, walk, and run
Some shoes out in the market are designed solely to keep up with fashion trends. Avoid these shoes with oddly shaped foot lasts, like those that have pointed toes and thus have no wiggle room for the toes. Avoid rigid soles that prevent movement, or shoes with uppers that aren’t sturdy enough to keep feet in place. When shopping for toddler shoes online or offline, always go for qualities you find in orthotic friendly or anatomic children’s shoes, e.g., breathability, proper fit, and healthy support.
Subscribe to receive our special offers and news!
You have successfully subscribed for our newsletter!
The "flat feet" medical term describes a common condition among adults and children alike. To put it plainly, it's where your feet press flat on the ground instead of curving upwards off the ground at the sole.
Your child's feet grow the fastest during their first three years. Therefore, failing to invest in supportive footwear can result in various problems, from heel pain to foot defects. That said, the best orthopaedic shoes for toddlers can ensure the perfect fit and ultimately support healthy foot growth.